Mr. Leo has been in Information System for 35 years, and an Information Security professional for over 30 years. He has worked internationally as a Management Systems Engineer specializing in Security and Privacy Consultancy. Having worked for IBM, St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital, and Computer Sciences Corporation among others at the Johnson Space Center, he completed a 22 year career as Director of Security Engineering and Chief Security Architect for the NASA Mission Control Center.
From 2002 to 2006 Mr. Leo was the Director of Information Systems and Chief Information Security Officer for the Managed Care Division of the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas. He now provides training and consulting services for Nivola.
Of his many professional accomplishments, some examples include:
• Training and certification of more than 7000 professionals in Information Security and Privacy;
• Development and evolution of a standardized industry curriculum in HIPAA Compliance;
• Published author of an industry standard guide “The HIPAA Program Reference Handbook” (2005);
• Complete HIPAA compliance program for UTMB, including design, delivery and implementation of the institutional training program for compliance;
• Training materials development and delivery for electronic self-paced and classroom;
• Policies, procedures and forms development for privacy and security programs;
• Successful HIPAA risk assessment and consulting engagements for over 12 years and 130 clients;
• Planning and execution of corporate technical and non-technical compliance program plans for Healthcare, Bioengineering, Aerospace, and Academic organizations;
• Design, implementation and management of the world’s largest telemedicine network;
• Development, delivery and measurement of training programs, including
• Project Management
• Information Security and certification (System Certification, Risk Analysis)
• Change Control and Configuration Management
• Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
Mr. Leo is on the Adjunct Faculty of and serves as Associate Director of Professional Training and Development for the Cybersecurity Institute at the University of Houston-Clear Lake. Mr. Leo is a Board Member of the National Board of Information Security Examiners (NBISE), The American Board for Homeland Security (ABCHS), the Board of Forensic Engineering and Technology (ABFET) for The American College of Forensic Examiners International, and chairs the American Board for Information Security and Forensics (ABISF). Mr. Leo holds certifications from each of these bodies.
Mr. Leo attended Graduate School at the University of Houston, and Undergraduate school at Southern Illinois University.